History of Seafaring. Frigate Gekroente Ehlendt
|Monetos dailininkas:||Arvids Priedite|
|Gipsinis modelis:||Jānis Strupulis|
|Moneta nukaldinta:||Valcambi SA (Šveicarija)|
|Vladimir||450.00 € [316.26 Ls] new||Collector's cabinet|
|Rns||440.00 € [309.23 Ls] new||Go to site|
|Eurogold||400.00 € [281.12 Ls]||Go to site|
|Alex||300.00 € [210.84 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|Proof||400.00 € [281.12 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|ANTIKWAR999||350.00 € [245.98 Ls]||Collector's cabinet|
|anders||350.00 € [245.98 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|Maija||425.00 € [298.69 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|b.moonlight||475.00 € [333.83 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|max||500.00 € [351.40 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|E.||480.00 € [337.34 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|E.||470.00 € [330.32 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
|Wind69||640.00 € [449.79 Ls] old||Collector's cabinet|
The large coat of arms of the Republic of Latvia, with the year 1997 inscribed below, is placed in the centre. The inscriptions LATVIJAS and REPUBLIKA, each arranged in a semicircle, are above and beneath the central motif, respectively.
The picture of a sailing-ship is depicted in the centre. The inscription FREGATE · GEKROENTE EHLENDT · 1642 (Frigate Gekroente Ehlendt 1642), arranged in a semicircle, is above the picture. The numeral 20 and inscription LATU (lats) are placed beneath the picture.
The 17th century was the time when shipbuilding developed in the Duchy of Courland and Semigallia, flourishing under the rule of Duke Jacob of the Kettlers (1642-1681). The largest of the Duchy's shipyards, where more than 120 frigates, galliots, corvettes and other sailing ships were built, was established near Ventspils (Windau) in 1638. Most of these ships carried cargoes to various countries, among them to the two colonies belonging to Duke Jacob: St. Andrew's Island in the Gambia estuary, Africa, and Tobago Island in the South of the Small Antilles, Central America.
The colours of the Duchy's merchant ships were rectangular and bicoloured. The area of the rectangle was divided diagonally; one part was crimson with a white rectangle in the centre, while the other had a crimson rectangle against a white background.
The sailing ships were given Latin, French, Dutch and German names, carrying either abstract or concrete meaning, for example, Fidelitas, Fortuna, Innocentia, Justitia, Der Baer, Der Walfisch and Die Butte.
The building of the Gekroente Ehlendt (The Crowned Elk), the frigate depicted on the reverse of the coin, was started in Ventspils on March 9, 1642. The length of this three-masted sailing-ship was 28.3 metres, and her carrying capacity was 320 tons. The Gekroente Ehlendt set on her maiden voyage on May 18, 1643. The ship was in the Duke's fleet until 1645, when she was seized by Spanish pirates.
За период с 2012-12-29 по 2022-10-04 монета подорожала на 59%
|[2020.11.06]||Eurogold: Purchase price of the coin History of Seafaring. Frigate Gekroente Ehlendt changed from 220.00 € to 225.00 €|
|[2020.06.12]||Eurogold: Selling price of the coin History of Seafaring. Frigate Gekroente Ehlendt changed from 445.00 € to 400.00 €|